Graham County Land Company, LLC - 2013 to Present
Estimator / Project Manager - 2013 to Present
In May 2013, Graham County Land Company, LLC expanded to include a construction division which includes various types of Heavy Civil, Land Clearing, and Disaster Recovery Projects throughout the United States. Mr. Pressley is responsible for estimating, bidding, scheduling, and managements of these projects.
Phillips and Jordan, Incorporated – 2004 to 2013
Estimator / Project Manager – 2008 to 2013
Responsible for the estimating, bidding, scheduling, and management of Heavy Civil, Land Clearing, and Disaster Recovery projects across the Southeast and along the Eastern Seaboard. Heavy Civil projects included projects for government agencies as well as private and commercial entities. Land Clearing projects varied in size and complexity; selective tree removal, aviation approach path clearing, right of way clearing for oil and gas industries, as well as large site clearing projects for industrial plants and reservoirs. Disaster Recovery and debris removal projects related to hurricanes, tornadoes, ice storms and wildfires.
Estimator / Superintendent 2004 to 2007
Responsible for estimating construction cost for clearing projects; both private and public, and state Department of Transportation highway projects. This includes take-off of all items of work to be performed, contacting potential subcontractors, estimating production and cost, developing construction sequence and schedules and actual submission of bids. Items of work generally included clearing and grubbing, erosion control, chipping and/or grinding along with grading, drainage, stone base, fine grading and other items necessary to the completion of state highway projects.
Managed multiple types of heavy civil, land clearing, and disaster recovery projects, nationwide:
USACE – Hurricane Katrina Cleanup – New Orleans, LA
Managed all Household Hazardous Waste segregation and removal from debris stream generated by hurricanes Katrina & Rita. Managed, scheduled and allocated resources of up to fifty crews of 10 laborers and equipment in order to ensure a clean debris stream.
Night Shift Superintendent: Provided all aggregate material for USACE to repair 9th Ward and London Ave levee breaches. Had as many as 200 hauling units working 24 hours/day until breaches were repaired.
USACE – 2011 Alabama Tornado Recovery, Various Locations, AL
Area Manager for Madison County, Limestone County, Laurence County, and the city of Guntersville. Managed over sixty contractor quality control personnel. Managed all aspects of 850,000 cubic yards of debris removal from curbside pickup, waste segregation and recycling, debris reduction, and final landfill disposal. Ensured that all USACE and EPA regulations were followed during the entire process.
Hurricane Sandy 2012 – Suffolk County, NY
Coordinated debris removal operations with Suffolk County Department of Public Works. Managed removal of over 130,000 CY of debris from public right of way with over fifty hauling units. Set up and hauled debris to five different temporary debris storage and reduction sites (TDSRS) located throughout Suffolk County. Final disposal of debris was at Suffolk County Landfill.
Hurricane Isaac 2012 – City of Westwego, LA
Managed removal and disposal of 10,000 Cubic Yards of debris from public rights of way inside the city limits of Westwego LA.
Hurricane Irene 2011 – Virginia Department of Transportation – Petersburg District and City of Franklin, VA
Managed removal and disposal of 140,000 Cubic Yards of debris from state and public right of ways in Dinwiddie, Prince George, and Brunswick Counties, as well as the City of Franklin. Debris was hauled to five TDSRS located throughout the counties. Removed over 30,000 Danger Trees and Hanging Limbs from public ROW.
Hurricane Ike 2008 – City of Nacogdoches, TX
Managed removal and disposal of 20,000 Cubic Yards of Debris inside city limits of Nacogdoches, TX.
Kentucky Ice Storm 2009 – City of Paducah, KY
Contractor Quality Control Supervisor - Oversaw the contractor quality control staff and logistical scheduling and placement of hauling crews throughout the project.
Oklahoma Ice Storm 2007 – Muskogee, OK
Contractor Quality Control Supervisor and Disposal Site Supervisor - Oversaw the logistical scheduling and placement of hauling crews and quality control staff. Ensured that disposal site operations were efficient and all state and EPA regulations were followed.
Western New York Ice Storm 2007 – City of Buffalo NY, City of Lackawanna, NY
Project Manager for City of Lackawanna, Quality Control Supervisor for City of Buffalo NY - Oversaw the contractor quality control staff and coordinated efficient hauling of 80,000 Cubic Yards of debris in the City of Buffalo NY. Managed removal and disposal of 10,000 Cubic Yards of debris for the City of Lackawanna NY
Certificates & Licenses
- American Heart Association – First Aid CPR
- Fortier Loss Control Consultants - 24 Hour HAZWOPER Certification
- NCDA & CS Pesticide Applicator Certification – Right of Way Category
- NCDOT Level II: Certified Erosion and Sediment Control/Storm water Site Manager
- Emergency Management Institute – FEMA IS-00100 Certification
- Emergency Management Institute – FEMA IS-00200 Certification
- Emergency Management Institute – FEMA IS-00700 Certification
- Emergency Management Institute – FEMA IS-00800.A Certification
- USACE – Construction Quality Management for Contractors Certificate
- FEMA 325 Guide and Safety Training Certificate
- EPA/AHERA – Asbestos Contractor/Supervisor Certificate
- EPA/AHERA – Asbestos Contractor/ Inspector Certificate
- Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality – Accredited Asbestos Supervisor
- Electrical Hazard Awareness / Tree Worker Safety Training Certificate
- Emergency Response Aerial Rescue, Tree and Aerial Lift Safety Training Certificate
- Chainsaw Safety and Cutting Techniques Safety Training Certificate
- OSHA Logging Standards Training Certificate
- North Carolina Department of Transportation, Escort Vehicle Operator Certificate
- Eastern Technical Associates of Raleigh – Visible Emission Evaluation Certificate
- ESI International – Federal Contracting Basics Certificate
- The George Washington University, School of Business – Federal Contracting Basics Certificate
- ESI International – Operating Practices in Contract Administration Certificate
- The George Washington University, School of Business – Operating Practices in Contract Administration Certificate
- The George Washington University, Law School – Construction Contracting Certificate
- The George Washington University, School of Business – Associates Certificate in Project Management